Sunday, 13 March 2022

 

A challenge to your beliefs

 

You as a contemporary teacher?

To what extent is it reasonable to conclude that if you are not experiencing positive or negative emotions about the materials and activities in any learning experience, that you are potentially disinterested or not motivated? Discuss in relation to your first emotional response to the nature of this unit.

My first response to this unit, is as it seems always to be when starting a new unit is firstly overwhelmed, nervous and with a little bit of anxiety in there too.

Elaborate on your emotions on engaging further with this unit? Positive, negative. Indifferent?

I try to remain positive and think about the end goal, finishing my degree and becoming a teacher.

To what extent do you have the commitment to actively interrogate your emotions, and your beliefs about creative pedagogy (that extends beyond the mere delivery of information to your learners)? How might you be challenged to engage as you enter this unit?

I think about my journey and experiences so far at university, and work experience as a teacher aide and how to use those experiences to shape my pedagogy.

Identify your present values and beliefs about ICT in the classroom. Keep it brief and focused.

Prior to staring university, I had very limited knowledge/ability with computers, I have learnt so much so far, and I am excited about learning more about ICT's and there use.

Your approach to teaching and learning

My approach to teaching is about getting the students engaged, I believe having a good understanding of ICT's will help me massively in the future as a teacher. I like to watch tutorials on YouTube, especially wood working videos, this will help me gain knowledge and understanding for my future as a teacher as I am studying to be a ITD teacher.

Identify any challenges to your current values and beliefs as you enter this unit?

My current values and beliefs have made me doubt myself but also made me feel I have had a successful journey so far at university and I can complete this unit successfully. I will remain focused on completing this unit among others this term.

What experience do you have with ICT in the classroom?

As a teacher aide I see teachers using ICTs every day in many ways. They are not only used for demonstration but also a reward, students get to play the tablets once class tasks are completed. The games they usually play are educational games such as reading eggs or mangahigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Reflection of task 1  (Digital Pedagogies) Task one was very overwhelming, but I got through it. The task seemed unachievable at first and ...